Importance of Dog Walking in San Diego
Not many dog owners know that the obesity epidemic is hitting pets across the US. And that’s quite dangerous for their health, and like it or not it can reduce their life expectancy. According to the APOP (Association for Pet Obesity Prevention), nearly 53% of dogs in the US are obese or overweight. And the most common among obesity related health conditions for canines include arthritis, low thyroid hormone production, diabetes, torn knee ligament, liver disease, urinary tract disease, heart failure, and disease disc in the spine.
So, if you want your furry friend to stay by your side for the longest time then dog walking is the way to go. Let us take a look at some health benefits of dog walking:
Helps Keep Dogs Healthy
Exercise, like dog walking, works the same way for canines as it does for the human body. That’s right; it helps keep the pet agile, limber and healthy.
A thirty to forty-five minutes’ walk every day can help manage your pet’s weight and lower the risk of obesity.
Helps in Digestion
Regular walks help aid digestion and relieve pets from constipation. It’s a great way to keep your furry friend’s digestive system healthy.
Provides Relaxation and Lowers Hyperactivity
If your dog tends to get hyperactive at night, it can sure keep you up and cause nuisance. Dog walking plays a vital role in calming down the pet as walks help lower extra energy. After a long walk, your dog will feel relaxed and tired. And eventually sleep better instead of being restless all night long.
To keep your canine companion happy and healthy, along with dog walking, you must also keep a check and balance on his/her diet. Take actions such as: don’t feed your pet table scraps, monitor the food intake of your pet and also limit treats.
Diet and dog walking are more effective when employed simultaneously. If you want to see results, you need to focus on both aspects.
Other benefits for using our dog walking and pet sitting services today:
- Your pet remains at home where all the smells, sights, and sounds are familiar.
- While your pets are at home, they are less likely to undergo stress and anxiety.
- We give your pet the same dietary routine and exercise regime.
- There is no exposure to possible illnesses from other animals.
- Your home is cared for by a professional and we provide crime safety protocols while you are away (adjusting window blinds, lights, bringing in the mail and newspaper)
- You receive daily emails with pictures and videos of each visit.
- And you can always call Mj to check on your fur baby at any time!
For more information on dog walking or pet sitting services, contact PETS by MJ today at 650-2MJ-PETS (265-7387).
Contact Us Today!
P.E.T.S. by MJ, for all your pet sitting and dog walking needs. Contact us to learn more, and schedule a free Meet and Greet.